Liquid Zeolite : Nature's Best Detoxifier
4,5 di-cyclo, disilico, dimagnesium, dialumino, oxyo, trihydrate — "liquid zeolite" for short ! This diagram shows the zeolite's honeycomb or cage-like structure which allows it to trap toxins.
Overview on Activated Liquid Zeolite (updated 23 Sept 08)
Imagine a goldfish swimming around in a small glass bowl of water that never gets cleaned. Slowly, the water turns increasingly toxic as waste pollutants accumulate, and the poor goldfish will soon become sick and die. Unsurprisingly, life needs a clean environment in order to optimally maintain itself; dirty environments always eventually lead to disease and death.
Every day, we are exposed to thousands of toxic chemicals that were unknown to our grandparents. It is estimated that there are now nearly 100,000 toxic chemicals in our environment, a quarter of which are known carcinogens or cancer-causers. These chemicals are everywhere — in the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, the cosmetics we use, the clothes we wear, the houses we live in and the parks we play in. They have even been found in core-samples from Antarctica. Like the goldfish in the bowl, there is nowhere we can escape to to avoid the terrible poisons our civilization spews out in the name of progress.
Studies have shown that the average food basket from an American supermarket contains between 60 and 80 pesticide residues, 50% of municipal water supplies in the US are contaminated, and even new born babies are now contaminated with hundreds of toxins, including deadly dioxins. In other countries, especially developing countries which have even more lax rules on toxin production, the situation is far worse. Toxic overload is now thought to be an important factor in heart disease (which many mistakenly believe is just diet-related) and of course cancer, the two diseases that will eventually kill most of us.
Governments sweep this problem under the carpet because they know that a poisoned environment is a necessary price for the modern world we now live in, and as fast as deadly chemicals are banned, production is either moved to a developing country (that exports them back to us in the air and in goods they produce) or we replace them with a whole new cocktail of replacement poisons. In fact, 2000 to 3000 new chemicals are registered each year, far outstripping our ability to adequately research their long-term health consequences.
Toxins generally kill by slow accumulation in our bodies, and so what might appear safe from short-term toxicology studies (acute dose research) can turn out to be deadly over time (chronic dose research). With industrial demand clamouring for more chemicals, we just do not have the time or resources to do adequate chronic dose research, and so each new chemical approved is essentially field-tested on the population.
This problem is a political one. As long as society continues to demand certain living standards and conveniences, putting profit before health, the legacy of environmental toxins will continue. But what can we do about our health in the meantime ? How can we live healthy lives in a toxic world ?
Whilst the goldfish bowl of our environment is certainly toxic, we can take steps to reduce our body burden - the toxic load we individually carry. The body deals with toxins in three ways : it can excrete directly (urination, defecation, lungs and skin); it can chemically neutralize some toxins in the liver and/or make them more water-soluble so that they can be expelled ; and it can sequester toxins in places like the fat cells and bones where they do less damage.
How can we encourage these natural processes to be as efficient as possible? Firstly, it is essential for us to drink 8 to 10 glasses of pure filtered water every day to (avoid unfiltered tap water as it is contaminated). Secondly, we need to eat pure organic food as much a as possible, primarily choosing foods low on the food chain (a vegetarian diet is less toxic) because toxins tend to accumulate in animals high up in the food chain (like ourselves!). And thirdly, use natural toiletries and cosmetics that do not contain toxic chemicals. Almost all major brands contain toxic chemicals so you need to specifically look for smaller natural brands which you can find with an internet search or at your local health food store. Just doing these three lifestyle changes will make a large difference to your health. But even these are not enough in a world so poisonous that polar bears living in the "pristine" north are dying with dangerous toxic body burdens.
Fortunately, help is at hand that comes in the form of a naturally occurring mineral called zeolite.
Zeolites are crystalline aluminosilicate minerals that can be found in rock deposits throughout the world. They are formed by a process known as devitrification or crystallization of volcanic ash, a process that takes place over millions of years when lava remains in contact with fresh or salt water. The word 'zeolite' itself is an amalgam of the two Greek words for 'boiling stones' because of the steam that is given off when these rock crystals are heated, due to their high water content. Zeolites have a molecular stacked-cage or honeycomb structure formed of silicon and aluminium oxides, and as a result of the electronic configurations of the aluminium, silicon and oxygen that make up these tiny zeolite cages, each has an overall negative charge which means that they electrostatically attract positively charged ions and other particles, in much the same way that a magnet attracts iron filings.
Generally, the molecular-size cages or holes in natural mined zeolite come ready-packed with positively charged metal ions which balance out their negative charge, making them more electronically stable. However, the door of the box or cage is open on the zeolite surface, so if another charged metal ion comes along with a greater attraction or affinity to the zeolite, it will exchange with the metal ion already in the box.
Because of the physical dimensions of one particular type of zeolite — clinoptilolite — just so happens to perfectly fit toxic heavy metals which are smaller positively charged ions, a colloidal suspension of this mineral in solution taken orally can help transport out much of the available toxins in our vascular systems. This, in turn, pulls out toxins sequestered in fat cells and our bones so that, gradually, our toxic body burden is reduced.
This is not a new discovery as records show that zeolites have been used for nearly a thousand years and probably more in traditional remedies throughout Asia, and a zeolite powder was given to those affected by nuclear fallout from Chernobyl to remove radioactivity from their bodies (20 tons of it was also dropped on the reactor itself to mop up the radioactivity). These minerals have also been used for decades in water and air purifiers (NASA uses them in its shuttle life-support system) and in animal feeds because they increase gut nutrient absorption, and have, in the last 15 years, undergone extensive pharmaceutical research on their health-giving properties for humans. As a result, highly purified forms are increasingly turning up as food additives and food supplements for human consumption.
What is new, however, is the manufacturing process that allow the micronized (finely powdered) zeolite to be cleaned before use with a process called "activation" which basically makes sure that toxins in the zeolite cage are cleaned out (a process that requires high heat and acid conditions) and replaced with safe and easily swapped out larger mineral ions such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. This is necessary as naturally occurring zeolite absorbs all the toxins such as heavy metals and VOCs (volatile organic compounds) in its environment, and there are no pristine zeolite natural sources available (no matter what a company's marketing literature may claim ! )
The cleaned micronized zeolite is then suspended in water to form a colloid generically called Activated Liquid Zeolite. This supplement is orally taken in water and has been clinically shown to absorb into the blood stream through the intestinal wall, where it is able to mop up heavy metal ions and other positively charged toxins before being safely and completely (again as indicated by clinical studies) excreted through the kidneys.
There are 14 key reasons why activated liquid zeolite is such a unique and extraordinary food supplement :
1. Extremely safe and non-toxic : Liquid zeolite is completely non-toxic and is safely and completely eliminated after 5 to 7 hours. It can be used long-term, and even children, babies and pregnant women have safely supplemented with it. And toxins that it captures in its cage are effectively deactivated so that there are no side-effects from those toxins as they are eliminated from the body — except possibly slight dehydration which is why it is important to drink plenty of water (8 to 10 glasses a day) when taking zeolite. And because most pharmaceuticals are negatively charged chemicals, liquid zeolite tends to leave these alone (although always check with your doctor though if you are on medication).
2. Removes heavy metals: Liquid zeolite has the perfect molecular structure for latching on to and then removing heavy metals (including radioactive ones) from the body, including mercury, cadmium, lead, arsenic, aluminium, strontium and excess iron. Some heavy metals, such as mercury, have a huge affinity to the zeolite, which is why they are dragged out of the body first, before the zeolite moves on to slightly less reactive metals such as lead or aluminium. Heavy metal toxins, therefore, are removed stepwise, following the reactivity series of the metals — with the most reactive first to go. The elimination of each level of the reactivity series is relatively fast, with liquid zeolite taking under a week, for example, to remove mercury before moving on to cadmium and then lead. The whole available heavy metal removal process can take a few months in total, although there are always more being added to the body by external sources and by release from internal non-available sources such as fat cells.
3. Helps remove pesticides, herbicides & dioxins : Although liquid zeolite is unable to remove these directly due to their negative or neutral charge, by reducing the toxic load to the liver, liver-induced glucuronidation, which is their main means of removal, is increased. As these chemicals are prime candidates for triggering cancer and disrupting hormone balances, even in low levels, it is very important that they are removed from the body as quickly as possible.
4. Reduces viral load : once the heavy metal concentration is significantly reduced, liquid zeolite then latches on to viral components. Viruses reproduce by first manufacturing viral components before assembling these components into a complete virus. It captures these components before they can be assembled into viruses, helping to reduce our viral load. This can help relieve some of the symptoms of viral diseases and infections.
5. Reduces absorption of nitrosamines : These substances can be found in processed meats and are linked with pancreatic, stomach and colon cancer, as well as Type II diabetes. Liquid zeolite helps to neutralizes these toxins in the digestive tract by capturing them in its molecular cages before they can be absorbed into the body. The spent zeolite is then safely eliminated in by the body in the normal way.
6. Helps buffer body pH to a healthy alkalinity : by trapping excess protons, liquid zeolite acts like a pH buffer, helping to prevent the acidic conditions in our blood and cellular fluids that encourage disease states and low immunity. A slightly alkaline environment in our bodies (pH 7.35 - 7.45) promotes optimum immune function, and liquid zeolite helps us to reach this ideal.
7. Helps to buffer blood sugar : in the same way that liquid zeolite can buffer excess protons and thus help balance body pH, it can also buffer excess glucose by its negative charge and therefore helps reduce blood sugar spikes.
8. Helps reduce cancer risk : evidence is accumulating that liquid zeolite not only removes toxins that can cause cancer (75% or more of cancers may be toxin related) but can also destroy cancer cells directly by triggering the P21 tumour repressor gene in cancer cells that it encounters. Even the liquid zeolite patent is for epithelial cancer cell destruction. [N.B. This does not mean that liquid zeolite is a cancer treatment per se, but rather that it is a useful supplement to integrate into a cancer treatment program supervised by a medical practitioner.]
9. Improves nutrient absorption : By promoting a healthy gut environment, liquid zeolite is able to not only increase nutrient absorption but helps promote healthy gut micro-organisms, increasing immunity to stomach bugs and infections. In this way,liquid zeolite also helps reduce the incidents of diarrhoea, which is why zeolites can now be found in the latest diarrhoea drugs.
10. Acts as a powerful antioxidant : The cage-like structure of liquid zeolite can also trap free radical molecules, making it an effective antioxidant. [N.B. This does not mean that liquid zeolite is a substitute for more conventional antioxidants such as Vitamins C, E and A, lutein and selenium, all of which have other vital roles to play in the body.] 11. Reduces symptoms of allergies : Liquid zeolite can capture some of the the antigens that cause allergies, migraines, and asthma, and in so doing it helps to reduce the symptoms. 12. Increases immune system function : Because of all of the above — with decreased toxic and viral loads in the body, many of which depress immune function and interfere with hormones — the immune system of those taking liquid zeolite is rapidly optimised. Zeolite is not stimulating the immune system but removing those chemicals and conditions that interfere with it. This also means that we regain youthful energy and vitality. 13. Helps prevent premature aging : The main reason that many of us age prematurely is due to the build up of toxins in our system that interfere with optimum metabolic function and cellular repair. By removing the toxic load with liquid zeolite, our body's normal repair and regeneration mechanisms are freed up to work efficiently.
14. Extremely easy and pleasant to take: Most serious detox solutions are difficult to take (many are injected or given as an enema, or must be taken away from meals), taste unpleasant, and can leave a person feeling drained because they indiscriminately remove healthy metal ions as well. By contrast, liquid zeolite is a small bottle of tasteless liquid that can be taken with or without food and that removes only unhealthy ions.
Just one or two of the the above features would define a useful new food supplement, but take all fourteen features together and you begin to understand why leading-edge health and rejuvenation pioneers are raving about this product. Dr. Gabriel Cousins at The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center in New Mexico describes liquid zeolite as "simple, elegant, extraordinary, and necessary for maintaining healthy living in today's modern toxic world." It is also being used by Brian Clements at the famed Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida. In fact, there are now hundreds of thousands of people taking activated liquid zeolite, and their numbers are growing rapidly as awareness of this product spreads globally.
Of course, no product can be used in every single situation. Rik Deitsch, the biochemist who has done research on liquid zeolite, states that it may conflict with metal containing medication such as lithium and carboplatin and so should not be taken by those on these drugs. This is because it could potentially deactivate them by removing the metal ions. That said, liquid zeolite is certainly one of the safest health supplements on the market today and can safely be taken even by children and babies.
As toxicity, acidic conditions and viral load, all of which suppress the immune system and interfere with normal cellular metabolism, are behind a whole array of conditions that plague humanity — from cancer and other serious chronic illnesses, to low energy and a susceptibility to colds and flu, by helping to help remove the root cause of immune suppression and metabolic imbalance, activated liquid zeolite has been credited with not only bringing relief to a broad spectrum of different disease conditions (you just have to look at some of testimonies for it) but also helping healthy individuals reach new levels of vitality. Such a spectrum of benefit can raise skepticism in those who do not appreciate common causes of ill health, but the science behind activated liquid zeolite is pretty solid and supports its unique mechanism of action.
Already, the first peer-reviewed study on activated liquid zeolite is near publication. Once this happens there are a further thirteen studies waiting in the wings for peer-reviewed publication. There is always a problem in publishing the first study on a new product, as citations are non-existent - but once a first study is published, this tends to open the door to other publications.
The question is: what would happen to you if you liberated your body from its accumulating toxic burden, a burden that has been depressing your immune system, degrading your body's natural cellular regeneration and repair mechanisms, slowing your mitochondrial energy production, and disrupting your hormone balance for your entire life ? What would happen if you unleashed the natural healing powers of this miracle that stands before you in the mirror ? There is only one way to find out .......
* * * * * * * *
The statements above have not been evaluated by the FDA. If you are unwell or on medication, we recommend you seek the advice of a qualified healthcare practitioner before starting a zeolite program. Zeolite is not a medicine, and is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease.
©2009 Clear Publications
©2009 Clear Publications